Welcome to my blog!
I have a master’s degree in History from the City College of New York – CUNY (ΦΒΚ). I’m a US Army Veteran, a husband, and a cat herder (we have three at the moment!).
This is a personal blog that I’ve been updating since 2008 so it has no consistent theme. Things that I’m interested in and that you might find posts about in this blog include #history, #religions, #mythology, #archaeology, #Linux, #OpenSourceSoftware, and #videogames.
- I served in Iraq in 2003 and Kuwait in 2007
- I can drive a 5 ton tractor-trailer
- I fired a MK-19 automatic grenade launcher and it was fun
- I’ve lived in 7 countries, one of which no longer exists, and walked where Jesus walked
Find more information about me on the About page or by browsing the social media sites listed below.
Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.Gautama Buddha
The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things.Epictetus
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.Frank Herbert, “Dune”
Causes & Organizations that I Support
- Refuting the Culture of War Amnesia or Denial in Japan
- Reactionary Historiography: Post 9/11 Muslim Communities and Immigrants
- Significance and Consequences of ‘Xenia’ in “The Odyssey”
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Positive Extremism
If you’re looking to communicate with me outside this blog, Mastodon is your best choice. You can contact me there using any Federated software service.
I’m trying to limit the number of social media sites I use these days, especially under my actual name. One of these days, I’ll get rid of Instagram too, since Facebook owns it. I don’t use LinkedIn for updates or communication outside of job hunting and updating my online resume.